First, make sure you are eligible.
Applicants must identify in at least one of the categories listed below to be eligible for the program.
- Currently attending UConn (any regional campus) or community college
- Belong to at least one of the racial or ethnic minority groups listed below:
- Black/African American
- Native American/American Indian
- Latino or Hispanic
- Annual household income is $50,000 or less
- First-generation student defined as a someone in college and no parent or guardian has a 4-year degree or a higher-level degree from an institution in the United States.
- Students whose parents or guardians have a degree from outside of the U.S. may also identify as first-generation students.
The ideal applicant does not need to be a nutrition science major, but must have a genuine interest in food and nutrition science and careers in the field. Good academic standing and grade point average will be considered.
Second, Fill out the application!